Sunday, April 26, 2009

Being on a Strong Team


I've always liked playing sports since I was very young. I never tended to be the first picked or the star player since I was the smallest, youngest and least experienced amongst most of my peers.

But, over the years, I learned my secret to success with team sports: The better the team, the better I play.

Through the years, I've played several sports: basketball, volleyball and even football. When I'm on a great team, I seem to shine and you'll hear comments like, "Man, I didn't know that Sean could do that?! Where did that come from?"

I've always enjoyed playing strong with strong people around me and reaching a common goal.

On the other hand, when I've played with less experienced or skilled players, I do not have the ability to carry a weak team. Therefore, I try to avoid surrounding myself with the weakest players.

I liken this to business and investing ... don't go it alone or play on a weak team. I don't.

I am constantly trying to improve my own skills so that I can be more productive on my team, but I also like to surround myself with strong, mature, experienced people that share similar goals, visions and missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment