Thursday, April 30, 2009

Power of Planning ... 5 levels of people in society

In our society, there are really five levels of people: ultra poor, poor, middle class, rich and ultra rich.

What distinguishes these classes of people is their ability to plan into the future. How far you plan out will determine what class level you will ultimately belong to.

For example, the ultra poor plan day-to-day. These are people who might be homeless and trying to figure out where they will sleep that night. They might be day laborers who are just trying to find work to get food for the table that evening.

Poor people tend to plan week to week. "What am I going to do next week for housing, food, work, etc."

Middle Class people tend to focus and plan month to month. "When I get paid next month, I'm going to do XYZ." They have liabilities that require them to pay monthly such as mortgage payments, car payments, insurance premiums, utilities, etc. So, they typically set their budgets based on these revolving monthly payments.

Rich people often plan year to year. "How can I double my income over the next year. How can I plan for my taxes next year by making smart investments this year." They have a longer vision of their future than middle class and poor people, so they tend to focus on that plan year round and achieve great success.

Ultra Rich people will often plan decade to decade! This is awesome. "How can I own 30 businesses within the next 10 years. How can I be earning $10 Million per year more from my investments with the next 10 years." This type of vision is the ultimate vision. These people will ignore passing fads and immediate gratification to accomplish these long term goals.

I will admit that I am currently middle class in my socioeconomic status, but I plan like the rich and ultra rich and will definitely be a member of that class in the future.

You can be too if you just adjust the way you think, plan and strategize to create a vision for your life further into the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment